The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Pauls and St Agatha’s and adhere to the policy statement of The Church of England which states that the Church will:
- Promote a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruit all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable Adults within the Church
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims /survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are subjects of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk to others
“A Safe Church” is a set of policies, procedures and guidelines produced by the Diocese of Southwark. These policies and guidelines are designed to enable all activities and environments to be kept as safe as possible for children and adults who may be vulnerable, while at the same time maintaining realistic common sense, The Parish Safeguarding Policies, based on “A Safe Church”, are displayed on the notice board at the back of the church or on https://southwark.anglican.org/safeguarding/diocesan policies-and-procedures. Regular users of the church room are required to comply with these policies.
OUR PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICERS, ALISON MEAD 01883652580 MOBILE 07754 666991 AND MAUREEN WESTMARLAND 01883 345868. PLEASE CONTACT ONE OF THEM IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS AND IF NECESSARY.
Local Authority Social Care Services or Police
For further information about where to get help with child and adult safeguarding issues:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open
24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141
(free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
To contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Pamela
Chisholm, email@example.com, 020 7939
9423 Mobile 07982 279713. For safeguarding concerns out of office
hours, please call 020 3874 6743.
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and
Marie Daly, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7939 9441,
Mobile 07946 255295,
Louise Vernon, email@example.com,
020 7939 9462, Mobile 07946 255622